6 WEEK Hybrid
Certified Pharmacy Technician Program
Total contact hours:
125 hrs total (109 hours online, 16 hours in classroom)
Students enrolled in this class will learn the concepts necessary to become a pharmacy technician, as well as preparation for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board examination (PTCB) in order to obtain national certification. They will discover and develop foundation skills that are essential to work in a pharmacy. The course is a hybrid course meaning the majority of assignments, quizzes, tests and course materials will be online. Students will be required to physically attend 16 hours (2 eight hour days) in the classroom in order to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be capable of understanding the medical language as it relates to pharmacy; dispensing medications in varying forms; appropriate record keeping; and adhering to applicable healthcare laws and ethics. Students will be able to work in Community Pharmacies as well as Hospital Pharmacies.
The first 6 weeks of class will be completed Online.
Then you will complete
2 Days onsite class time. THAT'S IT!!!
- High School Transcripts or GED
- 2 Forms of ID (Social Security Card and Photo Identification)
- 18 Yrs or older
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the job description of a Pharmacy Technician
- Discuss the Federal Drug Administration (FDA)
- Describe and discuss Controlled Substances their classification and laws
- Discuss the importance of ethics in the workplace
- Demonstrate uses of pharmacy terminology
- Explain the steps of prescription processing
- Demonstrate correct conversion techniques
- Demonstrate mathematical problem solving for Pharmacy Technicians
- Discuss classifications of medication
- Demonstrate principles of compounding
April 29, 2019-June 9, 2019
June 17, 2019- July 29, 2019
Fee $380.00 (includes tuition $305 and non-refundable registration fee $75)
Deposit of $190.00 required to reserve seat in session. Remaining balance of $190.00 due 5 days prior to orientation date. If payment is not received student forfeits their seat. (PTCB Exam fee and books fee not included in price)
Please fill out online registration form and enrollment agreement prior to submitting payment.
Please make sure you have read and agree with our refund policy located in our student catalog prior to submitting payment.