Total contact hours:
136hrs total (120 hours online, 16 hours in classroom)
This course focuses on the fundamentals of medical office administrative responsibilities to include compliance standards, medical terminology, patient registration, health insurance, medical office management, basic billing and account management, and other key functions of the medical office environment. The course is a hybrid course meaning the majority of assignments, quizzes, tests, and course materials will be online. Students will be required to physically attend 16 hours (2 eight hour days) in the classroom in order to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to take the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) certification exam offered by the National Health Career Association (NHA).
The first 6 weeks of class will be completed Online.
Then you will complete
2 Days onsite class time. THAT'S IT!!!
- High School Transcripts or GED
- 2 Forms of ID (Social Security Card and Photo Identification)
- 18 Yrs or older
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Identify and understand the primary responsibilities and functions of a Medical Administrative Assistant.
- Understand regulatory compliance agencies and guidelines specific to a medical office environment including patient rights, medical records, HIPAA, and other standards.
- Demonstrate standard patient registration practices including appointments and scheduling management.
- Identify and understand proper usage of forms used in healthcare settings for patient registration and medical record compliance to include patient education and intake documents.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform opening and closing office procedures.
- Identify and understand health insurance types and patient cost shares.
- Explain the account management process including patient and insurance account receivables.
- Comprehend basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrate the ability to sort and prioritize mail, manage office supplies, and maintain the office environment.
- Understand and follow general office policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly communicate with patients using verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand general medical coding concepts to include CPT, HCPCS and ICD.
JANUARY 21, 2019- March 3, 2019 CLASS NOW REGISTERING!!
Fee $500.00 (includes tuition $425 and non-refundable registration fee $75)
Deposit of $250.00 required to reserve seat in session. Remaining balance of $250.00 due 5 days prior to orientation date. If payment is not received student forfeits their seat. (NHA Exam fee and books fee not included in price) ***CALL OFFICE FOR PRICING
Please fill out online registration form and enrollment agreement prior to submitting payment.
Please make sure you have read and agree with our refund policy located in our student catalog prior to submitting payment.