6 WEEK Hybrid
Certified Billing & Coding Specialist
Total contact hours:
258hrs total (242 hours online, 16 hours in classroom)
This course focuses on the fundamentals of medical billing and coding to include compliance standards, medical terminology, patient registration, health insurance, claims, account receivables management, coding, and other key functions of the healthcare revenue cycle. The course is a hybrid course meaning the majority of assignments, quizzes, tests, and course materials will be online. Students will be required to physically attend 16 hours (2 eight hour days) in the classroom in order to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to take the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) certification exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
The first 6 weeks of class will be completed Online.
Then you will complete
2 Days onsite class time. THAT'S IT!!!
High School Transcripts or GED
2 Forms of ID (Social Security Card and Photo Identification)
18 Yrs or older
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand regulatory compliance guidelines specific to healthcare and reimbursement.
- Demonstrate standard patient registration practices.
- Identify and understand proper usage of forms used in healthcare settings for patient registration and medical record compliance.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the three clinical coding systems: CPT, HCPCS and ICD.
- Identify and understand health insurance types, patient cost shares, and guidelines for filing claims.
- Explain the account management process including patient and insurance account receivables.
- Comprehend basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrate completion of a CMS-1500 claim form.
NOW REGISTERING FOR THE FOLLOWING COURSE DATES:
February 24, 2020 - April 5, 2020
April 6, 2020- May 17, 2020
Fee $450.00 (includes tuition $375 and non-refundable registration fee $75)
Deposit of $225.00 required to reserve seat in session. Remaining balance of $225.00 due 5 days prior to orientation date. If payment is not received student forfeits their seat. (NHA Exam fee and books fee not included in price)
Please fill out online registration form and enrollment agreement prior to submitting payment.
Please make sure you have read and agree with our refund policy located in our student catalog prior to submitting payment.
Required Text(s): Books may be purchased through Fast Track or may purchase independently through outside vendor. If purchasing books through Fast Track, order must be placed 2 weeks prior to the start of class.
Medical Billing & Coding For Dummies 2nd Edition: ISBN: 978-1118982549 (please don't let the name fool you, great easy to understand INFORMATION)
Medical Terminology Made Easy: ISBN-13: 978-1532921513